Teaching Institute of Public Health for the Osijek-Baranja County is the project’s lead partner, in charge of collection and processing of data on adult mosquito presence, sampling for MBDs, implementation of the Joint emergency and preparedness protocol in case of MBD epidemic outbreak, monitoring of the subcontracted mosquito abatement services. It is also responsible for transferring knowledge gained through MOS-Cross to public health workers in Požega-Slavonia County and South Bačka district together with the Institute from Sombor so that they can organize educations for school children and the elderly in public homes, as well as organizing educations for retirees’ associations in Osijek-Baranja County.
The Teaching Institute of Public Health of Osijek-Baranja County is a health institution for the performance of professional and scientific activities within the framework of the rights and duties of regional self-government units in the field of public health activities.
Activities of the Teaching Institute of Public Health:
– health education with health promotion and disease prevention
– implements specific preventive health care for children and youth, especially in primary and secondary schools and universities in its area,
-monitors, studies, evaluates and reports on the health needs and functional disability of older people and proposes health measures for its area,
– collects, controls and analyses statistical reports in the field of healthcare, including addiction diseases, at the level of Osijek-Baranja County for the needs of the Croatian Institute of Public Health,
– at the prefect’s request, monitors and evaluates the health status of the population in the area,
-continuously implements hygiene and epidemiological protection measures with an epidemiological analysis of the situation in the Osijek-Baranja County area and, if necessary, implements anti-epidemic measures and supervises the implementation of mandatory immunizations,
-implements gerontological health protection measures,
-analyses the epidemiological situation, plans, proposes and participates in the implementation of measures and activities for the prevention, early detection and suppression of addiction diseases,
-provides mental health protection and outpatient addiction treatment, which includes prevention and early detection of all psychological disorders, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of all forms of addiction, as well as measures to preserve mental health in the community
– cooperates with health and other institutions and health workers in the implementation of diagnostics and treatment of addiction diseases and the rehabilitation and social integration of addicts,
-monitors the implementation of disinfection, disinsection and pest control measures and carries out preventive and anti-epidemic procedures of disinfection, disinsection and pest control for the area of Osijek-Baranja County
-performs microbiological activities of interest to Osijek-Baranja County
-monitors, studies, analyses and evaluates the healthiness of water for human consumption, water for recreation and physical therapy, surface and waste water, the state of the water supply, and the healthiness of foodstuffs and items of general use for the area of Osijek-Baranja County
-participates in the creation and implementation of certain health care programs in extraordinary circumstances,
-monitors, analyses and evaluates the impact of the environment and food on the health status of the population of Osijek-Baranja County,
-participates in planning, proposing and implementing measures to promote physical, mental and sexual/reproductive health
-participates in planning, proposing and implementing measures for the prevention, early detection and suppression of chronic non-communicable diseases, including addiction diseases,
– performs the distribution of mandatory vaccines to surgeries at the primary level of health care in the area of Osijek-Baranja County
-can perform professional environmental protection tasks in accordance with special regulations related to environmental protection and air protection
– performs other tasks for the purposes of performing public health activities in accordance with special regulations.