The Institute of Public Health Sombor is a multi-level healthcare institution. As a highly specialized health institution, the Institute provides diagnostic and public health services to outpatients and hospital patients, clients, as well as the wider social community. The purpose of our existence is to protect and improve health and improve the quality of life of patients and to work on improving them. The quality of work and services is based on the hiring of high-quality competent staff, the use of modern medical technologies, as well as the development of mutual trust and shared values between service users/patients and employees.
Continuous provision of public health services at the highest possible level and meeting the needs of the social community in the territory of the West Bačka district.
The Institute of Public Health performs activities classified into subgroups:
86.90 Other health care within the Institute of Public Health provides the following:
– monitors, evaluates and analyzes the health status of the population and reports to the competent authorities and the public;
– monitors and studies health problems and risks to the health of the population
– proposes elements of health policy, plans and programs with measures and activities intended to preserve and improve the health of the population;
– informs, educates and trains the population to take care of their own health;
– evaluates the efficiency, availability and quality of health care,
– plans the improvement of professional development of healthcare workers and healthcare associates;
– encourages the development of an integrated health information system;
– performs applied research in the field of public health;
– cooperates and develops partnership in the social community to identify and solve health problems of the population;
– performs social-medical, hygienic-ecological, epidemiological and microbiological health activities;
– performs bacteriological, serological, virological, chemical and toxicological examinations and tests in connection with the production and circulation of foodstuffs, water, air, objects of general use, as well as in connection with the diagnosis of infectious and non-infectious diseases;
– coordinates, harmonizes and professionally connects the work of state-owned health institutions for the territory for which it was established;
– cooperates with other health institutions in the territory for which it was established, as well as with competent local self-government bodies and other institutions and organizations of importance for the improvement of public health and
– performs other tasks in accordance with the law.
The employees of the Institute are the most important resource, and continuous education of employees is an integral part of the mission of the Institute.
Institute of Public Health Sombor is accredited by the Accreditation Body of Serbia, which issued a decision on determining the scope of accreditation in accordance with the requirements of the SRPS ISO/IEC 17025 standard, the Institute is an institution that also meets the requirements of the SRPS ISO 9001 standard.